I've got an error
1. Got '....parse error, expecting `T_OLD_FUNCTION' or `T_FUNCTION' or `T_VAR' or `'}''  - PHP 4.3 compiler error...'
It seems your code is not compatible with PHP 4. Please turn off encoding for PHP 4 by deselecting the PHP 4 checkbox in your project settings. If you do not need to encode for PHP 4 but encoding for PHP 4 is on by default when you create a new project, you may change default settings in application preferences
2. I'm getting 'unable to execute ./sgencoder: No such file or directory' in Linux
If you get the above error message on Linux but you are pretty sure that permissions are correct and the execution bit is set, this error is caused by some missing 32-bit libs on a 64-bit machine. Unfortunately, Linux is not very informative in its error messages in this case. Please install 32-bit compatibility libs. If you use Ubuntu/Debian you may do it by running the following command from console:
apt-get install ia32-libs
SourceGuardian for Linux is available both as 32-bit or 64-bit application. You may use 32-bit version but need to install the above compatibility libs. Protected files may be run on 32-bit or 64-bit. Installing the above package is required only for running 32-bit version of the encoder on a 64-bit machine. Loaders differ for 32-bit and 64-bit and do not require installing additional packages.
3. I use version 7 of SourceGuardian. After upgrading PHP to version 5.3 my encrypted files do not work anymore
Encoding for PHP 5.3 is supported in version 8 of SourceGuardian and newer. If you are using version 7 or older then you may upgrade your copy of SourceGuardian in the user profile. It's also important to install the latest loader for PHP 5.3. Please find loaders in the version 8 installation package. You may also use our loader assistant to know the loader you need and how to install it http://sourceguardian.com/loaders/download.php
4. Why do I see my PHP code source when run the encoded version?
Your code probably use short PHP tags <? ?>. Enable short PHP tags support in Advanced settings in your SourceGuardian project or use --short-tags option if you prefer to run the encoder from the command line. Re-encode your files.
5. I'm getting "Internal Error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs" from the installer.
While installing SourceGuardian on Windows Vista, during the installation the following error occurs with the message: "Internal Error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs" following "Setup was not completed. Please correct the problem and run Setup again"
This problem is caused from a Vista conflict.
Set the folder "my documents" to its default values.
1. Right Click on Start
2. Select Explore from the Menu
3. Right Click on the "My Documents" Folder
4. Click on Properties and it will open up the Document Properties Dialog box
5. Click on the General Tab, this should be the default
6. You will see a small box "Read only" at the bottom next to Attributes - click on this box to untick /de-select this option
7. Click on the Apply button
8. Click on Ok to close the Document Properties dialog and save the changes.
Setting back the default value for "My documents" is just a workaround,which usually fixes the default read/write rights for the "MyDocuments" folder.
Try installing SourceGuardian again.
6. Automatic upgrade fails on Windows with 'Update error: Unable to extract the update to: C:/Program Files (x86)/SourceGuardian'
If you are running SourceGuardian on Windows 7, 8 or newer and getting the 'Update error: Unable to extract the update to: C:/Program Files (x86)/SourceGuardian' error message during automatic update,
please run the application under administrative account as otherwise the files can't be extracted to the installation folder because of Windows restrictions.
7. SourceGuardian 11 - Protected script's header is broken
If you are using version 11 of SourceGaurdian and getting the error 'SourceGuardian Loader - Protected script's header is broken. Probably the encoded file was modified. Please install an original unmodified file or contact the author of the script to get the original file. Error code ', UPDATE THE LOADER.